Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Little bit of Teaching (1st in a series)

I just want to quickly say a little bit about myself. I am 47 years old and I have a wife, three children, a dog and a cat, and of course like most people of my generation a big mortgage. I came into this business to find a way to bring freedom from stress and worry about paying the bills and to give me more time with my family. My background is that I am a trained and qualified Accountant and for the past 4 ½ years I have run my own practice. I have begun to move out of that area however and have for the past year been building a business that specializes in financial coaching for small and medium sized business’s. So i do have a lot of experience in running a business and a lot of experience in coaching a development. My object in posting on this blog is to become your coach.

Despite all my years of being in business coming into this area has been a real eye opener for me and unfortunately I came in (like most people) with my blindfold firmly in place. That resulted in trying all the next big things and in maxing out credit cards for little or no return. However, like most people on the road to success I have not let that deter me and treat those as learning experiences, during the course of this email series I will share with you my defeats and my victories. I doing that you will benefit by only having to go down the pathway of victories and not end up losing your shirt.

Right on we go. I do not know what has brought any of you to seek out a business opportunity on the internet but I imagine that it was something along the following, more income, a desire to pay off debt, clearing the mortgage or telling your boss where to go. Whatever the reason that you have it is a valid one, I would hazard a guess that for most of you it could be summed up in two words, FINANCIAL FREEDOM. Well, an internet business can provide that and it can provide it quickly as long as you are aware of the risks and you have the tools to do the job properly.

The first bit of advice that I can give you and it is a very simple piece of advice is: Please if you are going to come into the internet business treat it as a business, I will say that it again because it is very important treat it as a business. Why; because that is what it is. Despite that fact that you will run this from home via the computer it is a business in the same manner that the store along the street from you is a business, you will be selling goods and or services but instead of selling through a store you will be selling electronically. Getting the idea that this is a business will make you treat it as such and you will be far better off than most who get involved in this by the pure fact that they do not treat as a business and sit back expecting money to just come rolling in. I am not saying that you should work 70 to 80 hours per week but you will need to put some time in. I expect that will be in the area when you are starting off around 8 to 10 hours per week, most of that will be learning.

As I said very simple piece of advice but to start the ball rolling, indispensable. A business whether it is physical or virtual is a business. If you feel that you do not want to become a business owner my advice to you is please do not get involved in this industry, you will get caught by the sharks and there are unfortunately a lot of them swimming around on the internet.

That being said however, once you start to treat this as a business you will find a whole new world of infinite possibilities as I have.

The next post will cover some of the pitfalls that I have encountered and how to avoid them. After that we will get into the nuts and bolts of building your number 1 business asset, your LIST.

The link below is for a Free E Book to download, simply hold the control key and click, this will take you to a site where you will be asked for your name and email address and once you have done that you will receive an email asking you to confirm and then you will get an email giving instructions on how to download. I strongly recommend that you read this book, it changed the way I do business on the internet.

http://Totalcashflow.the7greatliesofnetworkmarketing.com/

http://www.thesecretpays.com/Totalcashflow



No comments:

Post a Comment